20 Best Gps For Hiking Trails
Updated on: March 2023
Best Gps For Hiking Trails in 2023
Garmin GPSMAP 64st Worldwide Handheld GPS with1 Yr. Birdseye Subscription and Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K Maps + 32GB MicroSD Memory Card Bundle
- Explore the Terrain - GPSMAP 64st comes with a worldwide basemap with shaded relief and is preloaded with TOPO 100K, which includes coverage of the full U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Plus it includes a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription - all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- Get Your Bearings - GPSMAP 64st has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you're standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
- Share Wirelessly - Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible devices. Your friends can enjoy your favorite hike or cache without waiting for you to plug in to your computer - simply press "send" to transfer your information to another Garmin handheld.
- Stay Connected - With Smart Notification you can wirelessly receive email, texts and alerts from your compatible iPhone 4s or later. Stay connected without having to dig into your backpack for your smartphone.
- Bundle includes 32GB MicroSD High-Speed Memory Card
Garmin GPSMAP 64st, TOPO U.S. 100K with High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver
Garmin eTrex 10 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator
- Rugged handheld navigator with preloaded worldwide basemap and 2.2-inch monochrome display
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix and GLONASS support for fast positioning and a reliable signal
- Waterproof to IPX7 standards for protection against splashes, rain, etc.
- Support for paperless geocaching and Garmin spine-mounting accessories. Power with two AA batteries for up to 20 hours of use (best with Polaroid AA batteries)
- See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points
Garmin 010-01199-20 GPSMAP 64st Worldwide Handheld GPS 1 Yr. Subscription Preloaded US Map + 32GB Memory Card + LED Brite-Nite Dome Lantern Flashlight + Carrying Case + 4x AA Batteries w/Charger
- Garmin AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full Garmin USA WARRANTY
- Garmin GPSMAP 64st Worldwide Handheld GPS 1 Year BirdsEye Subscription Preloaded US Map
- 2.6" sunlight-readable color screen & a high-sensitivity GPS & GLONASS receiver with a quad helix antenna
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Garmin GPSMAP 64st Worldwide Handheld GPS - Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps - 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription - Carabiner clip - USB cable - Manual
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Garmin GPSMAP 64st Worldwide Handheld GPS 1 Yr. BirdsEye Subscription Preloaded US Map - LED Brite-Nite Dome Lantern Flashlight - Garmin Universal Carrying Case - Sandisk 32GB microSDHC UHS Class 10 Memory Card - 4x Rechargeable AA Batteries w/ Charger
Garmin GPSMAP 64sx, Handheld GPS with Altimeter and Compass, Preloaded with TopoActive Maps
- Rugged and water-resistant design with button operation and a 2. 6" sunlight-readable color display
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps (U. S. and Australia only) featuring routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Know where you're at with a high-sensitivity receiver with quad helix antenna and multi-GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Wireless connectivity via BLUETOOTH technology and ANT+ technology available on GPSMAP 64sx and GPSMAP 64csx models
- Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS mode
Garmin eTrex 22x, Rugged Handheld GPS Navigator
- Explore confidently with the reliable handheld GPS
- 2.2" sunlight-readable color display with 240 x 320 display pixels for improved readability
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps with routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Support for GPS and GLONASS satellite systems allows for tracking in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 8 GB of internal memory for map downloads plus a micro SD card slot
- Battery life: up to 25 hours in GPS mode with 2 AA batteries
Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS
- Features high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix for improved performance and reception in heavy tree cover or deep canyons
- Keeps track of routes, tracks and waypoints, and heart rate with add on heart rate monitor (sold separate). Uses standard AAA batteries. 2 required.
- TracBack feature retraces user's path on the easy-to-read LCD display;Display resolution 100 x 64 pixels;Battery life Up to 17 hours in GPS mode;Track Log 10000. Display size : 1.42 x 0.91 inches
- Supports dual position readout so user can view current location in multiple formats. Audible tones
- Features trip computer, sunrise/sunset times, hunting/fishing information, electronic compass and barometric altimeter
Magellan eXplorist 350H Handheld GPS
Car GPS, 7-inch Touch Screen Car Navigation, 256-8GB Car GPS Satellite Navigator System, Lifetime Map Update
Hiking Big Bend National Park: A Guide to the Big Bend Area’s Greatest Hiking Adventures, including Big Bend Ranch State Park (Regional Hiking Series)
Garmin eTrex 20XT Camo Bundle with Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K Maps
- 2.2" 65k color TFT sunlight-readable display for clear views; Preloaded TOPO US Maps
- Large 3.7GB of internal memory houses a ton of map information
- WAAS-enabled GPS with HotFix and GLONASS for quick fixes
- Wireless capabilities allow you to share information with others
- Supports paperless geocaching GPX files for access to coordinates
Winterworm Outdoor Mini Handheld Portable GPS Navigation Location Finder Dot Matrix Display For Biking Hiking Travelling Geoaching Wild Exploration
- Mini shape, just like a watch, Can be used as a keychain,Compact, easy to carry.
- Destination point can be set, maximum 16 points
- With screen display and memory, Records distance and milage
- Provide current position: longitude, latitude, and altitude information
- Popular for mountain climbing, hiking, bike riding, camping and geocaching.
Garmin eTrex 30x 010-01508-10 Handheld Navigator
- UPGRADED DISPLAY - Features a 2.2" 65K color sunglight readable display offering increased resolution (240 x 320 pixels). Physical dimensions: 2.1" x 4.0" x 1.3" (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
- LOAD MORE MAPS - Large 3.7 GB of internal memory and microSD card slot lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO 24K, HuntView, BlueChart g2, City Navigator NT and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required)
- PRELOADED BASEMAP - Includes a worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- BUILT-IN SENSORS - eTrex 30x adds a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time
- WIRELESS - Wirelessly share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches with other compatible devices -simply press "send" to transfer your information -also wirelessly connects to compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB and accessory sensors.
Te-Rich Handheld GPS GLONASS Land Area Measurer Calculation Meter
- Support GPS, GLONASS Navigation Satellite System, provide instant and precise positioning
- Measure area and length of any shape (mountainous land, slope and flat field)
- 2.4 inch 128 x 160 large screen that makes more clear and visually
- Current satellite signal intensity & positioning precision showing
- Automatic farmland area & length measurement
goTele GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee No Network Required Mini Portable Off-grid Real Time GPS Tracking Device for Outdoor Hiking, Hunting, Kids and Pets Tracker (2 Pack)
Garmin inReach Explorer+, Handheld Satellite Communicator with TOPO Maps and GPS Navigation
Garmin GPSMAP 64st Topo US 100K GPS Handheld Receiver with 2.6-Inches Blacklit Display (Renewed)
- Sunlight-Readable 2.6" color display. Display size-1.43 x 2.15 inches and 2.6 inch diag (6.6 cm). Battery life-16 hours. Water rating IPX7
- Expanded Internal Memory 8GB.Display resolution 160 x 240 pixels. Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM Use with 2 traditional AA batteries (best with Polaroid AA batteries), or the optional rechargeable NiMH battery pack that can be charged while inside the device.Weight 8.1 oz (230 g) with batteries
- Receive Smart Notifications and pair with optional ANT+ sensors, such as heart rate monitor, Tempe temperature sensor, speed/cadence, or use to control your VIRB action camera (64s/64st only)
- Wirelessly upload data to Garmin Connect and view on smartphone, plus share activities as they happen with Live Track (64s/64st only).3-axis compass with barometric altimeter.Routes:200
Garmin eTrex 20x Handheld GPS (010-01508-00) with 32GB Accessory Bundle Includes, 32GB Memory Card, LED Brite-Nite Dome Lantern Flashlight, Carrying Case & 4X Rechargeable AA Batteries w/Charger
Garmin inReach Explorer+ Hiking GPS Bundle with Hiking Backpack Tether Mount | Belt Clip, Carabiner Clip | Waterproof, GEOS, Weather, Messaging
- [GARMIN inREACH EXPLORER+ HIKING GPS] - Garmin inReach Explorer+ Handheld Hiking GPS, Garmin Carabiner Clip & USB Charging Cable
- [PLAYBETTER HIKERS BUNDLE] - Garmin Backpack Tether Mount for inReach Explorer+
- [WORLDWIDE GPS COVERAGE - MAPS & MESSAGING] - Using the worldwide coverage of the Iridium satellite network, the inReach lets you exchange text messages with any cell phone number or email address - while using GPS to track and share your journey's progress. No cell signal required.
- [GEOS EMERGENCY RESPONSE + PRE-LOADED TOPO MAPS] - The world leader in emergency response solutions and monitoring and are standing by 24/7 to respond to your SOS and notify the proper contacts + GPS on-map guidance with preloaded TOPO mapping and waypoint routings viewable directly on the unit (feature not available on SE+)
- [EASILY ACCESSED GPS] - The Garmin Backpack Tether Mount is the ultimate GPS accessory to keep your inReach stored conveniently yet securely.
Garmin Montana 680t
- PRELOADED GEOCACHES - 250,000 preloaded worldwide geocaches from Geocaching.com
- SEE YOUR SURROUNDINGS - Includes a 1-year Birdseye Satellite Imagery subscription1
- GPS AND GLONASS - With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver, Hotfix satellite prediction and GLONASS support, Montana locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its location even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- TRACK MANAGER - Ability to organize and navigate through waypoints/routes/track logs (easily start/stop recording track logs)
- CAPTURE THE MOMENT - 8 megapixel digital camera for higher quality images and better resolution; geotagged with coordinates automatically, allowing you to
The Best GPS Units for Traveling
Want a GPS unit for your travels? Look no further, with this overview you will know some of the best on the market.
The first GPS unit I will be talking about is the Garmin Nuvi GPS. This little GPS I have used personally and it is nice and compact, and being a wide screen provides a wider view of the streets that you will be navigating. Not only that, but this GPS unit will highlight the street you are traveling on and tell you the distance until the next directional turn. If you are worried about not making a turn or having to look down to see when your next turn will be, there is no need to worry, because it will let you know when your turn is coming up and about the amount of distance it is. The only cons I have with this unit is that it doesn't have bold text which makes it hard to see.
The next GPS unit in the list is another well known name brand, the TomTom. Now as stated in the previous example this unit has nice loud and clear direction announcement when a turn is coming near. The first thing you notice that is different about this unit however is that it projects the road that you are on in nice bold letters in the right hand corner. This makes it have an advantage over the Garmin GPS before mentioned. The one clear difference you will notice with this unit from the other GPS unit is that once you put the destination in, the TomTom will calculate the fastest root based on the time of day, weather conditions and traffic patterns of that area. This makes it an essential unit for those who always want to find the fastest root. It is not without its faults however, and with a very small screen surface it isn't exactly the biggest and easiest to see on the market.
While both of these GPS's are good and provide clear directions and on screen displays, the Magellan GPS offers something different. This GPS not only shows the streets and their names clearly, but it also like the other two GPS's shouts at you when you need to make a turn or your destination is near. The one thing you will notice that is different however is that on screen it will show you gas stations as well as other establishments so you know when they are coming up in case you need to stop. The one thing that is missing from this GPS unit that is present in others is a section that tells you the speed at which you are going, to be sure that you know the speed limit and know your own speed.
While these three GPS's are enough for anyone, they may not suite everyone and as a result I have another unit that may suite your particular taste. The GPS I will be talking about is the Lowrance iWay 350C. Sure it's not one of the well known name brands on the market, but that doesn't make it any less of a GPS aside from the name brands out there. The cool thing about this GPS unit is it has a built in SD card reader and radio so you can listen to music and the radio and when the unit needs to speak it will silence both to allow smooth operation. The downside to this GPS unit is that the roads and the on screen display are a bit downgraded At the end of the day you don't really care what if looks like as long as you can see the streets clearly and hear the unit well.
The last GPS unit I will be talking about is the Jensen NVX200. Like all the units above this GPS gives you turn by turn directions and street names. The one thing that stands out about this unit is that it has a scratch resistant screen and it has other countries already uploaded into its database including, Canada, Puerto Rico and Hawaii. This unit also comes equip with an anti glare screen and a one gigabyte flash memory.