20 Best Hiking Boots For Women
Updated on: March 2023
Best Hiking Boots For Women in 2023
Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot, Elk, Mountain Red, 8 B US
- Omni-Grip non-marking traction rubber.
- Techlite lightweight midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return.
- A combination of full grain leather and suede, scratch rubber heel, mesh tongue, and outdoor hardware.
- Omni-TECH waterproof, breathable, seam-sealed membrane, bootie construction.
Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot, Quarry/Cool Wave, 8 M US
- Waterproof full grain leather
- OmniShield water and stain resistant treatment
- Compression-molded EVA foam midsole
- How to Measure: Place heel against fold/wall on flat level surface.Mark the end of the longest toe with a pen or pencil. Measure both feet and use the larger measurement. Read measurement and compare to size chart.When comparing on the size chart, determine the closest larger measurement and use that number to determine your shoe size for your country's shoe measurement standard.
- Hook and loop closure system
Mountain Warehouse Adventurer Womens Boots - Ladies Hiking Shoes Black 8 M US Women
- Waterproof - This womens footwear has a rainproof material that is breathable and keeps you dry
- Synthetic Upper - Durable and breathable, a lighter style of ladies footwear for walking & hiking
- Mesh lining - Provides ventilation to help keep your feet dry
- Sturdy grip - Better flexibility, durable and longlasting
- Cushioned Footbed - Moulded fit, cushioning and extra comfort
TimberlanD Women's White LeDge MiD Ankle Boot,Dark Brown,7.5 M US
- WHITE LEDGE WOMENS HIKING BOOTS feature premium full-grain waterproof leather uppers for comfort and durability, seam-sealed waterproof construction to keep feet dry in any weather, and rustproof, speed lace hardware with hooks at top for secure lacing.
- NOT JUST FOR THE TRAIL: Whether you're trekking the mountains or hiking downtown streets, Timberland has the styles you'll love to wear. From ankle boots & sneaker boots to sandals & boat shoes, Timberland will keep you on your feet & looking fabulous.
- TIMBERLAND BOOTS are synonymous with quality workmanship. Whether you're looking for mens boots, womens boots, or kids boots, Timberland has you covered. For the best in hiking boots, rain boots, work boots, casual shoes & boots & more, choose Timberland.
- WHAT YOU NEED IN THE OUTDOORS: Timberland isn't just for high-quality mens, womens, and kids boots. We have the gear you need for all your outdoor adventures, including jackets and coats for outdoor activities, backpacks and luggage & outdoor accessories.
- THE BEST IN OUTDOORS: See how Timberland's line of outdoor wear stacks up to hiking boots, casual shoes, and street boots from brands like Keen, Lucky, Toms, Dansko, Doc Martens, Uggs, Skechers, Vionic, Maelstrom, Justin, Hunter, Bogs, Nike, or Sorel.
Clorts Women's Pioneer Hiking Boots Waterproof Suede Leather Lightweight Hiking Shoes Grey/Turquoise US Women Size 7.5 Medium Width
- Ventilation & Waterproofing: Suede leather and waterproof nanofiber membrane for excellent water resistance and air permeability; the breathable upper and insole further increases breathability
- Superb Comfort: Padded collar and tongue for a supportive and snug fit; Anti-fatigue insole for arch support; the lining protects your feet against rubbing and hugs your feet comfortably for long distance trails
- Cushioning and Support: EVA midsole cushions the foot with each step and provides excellent stability; it helps add shock absorption and reduces impact on rough terrain, ensuring an easy walk with every step
- Anti-skid Performance: Rubber outsole with varied and deep lugs for high traction to enhance grip over wet and dry surface with ease; TPU supportive shank adds stability and support, preventing ankle sprain
- Top Choice for Adventure: One-piece tongue ensures that water, dirt and debris will not enter the boots. Protective rubber toe caps protect your feet from trail hazards; lightweight design for hiking, backpacking, trekking, cycling, hunting, skiing, climbing, daily wear and more; NOTE: PLEASE MEASURE YOUR FOOT SIZE BEFORE YOU ORDER; IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE CONTACT US
Hi-Tec Women's Skamania Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot, Grey/Viola,8 M US
- Mid-rise mesh hiking boot with suede overlays featuring Dri-Tec waterproof membrane and padded collar
- Ghillie lacing system with rustproof hardware
- Removable molded EVA footbed
- Compression molded EVA midsole for impact absorption
- Rubber outsole with multi-directional traction
Merrell Women's Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot, Granite, 8 M US
- Removable insole, Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- Performance suede leather and mesh upper. Protective rubber toe cap. Molded nylon arch shank
- 5mm lug depth
- M Select DRY seals out water and lets moisture escape so you stay dry when you're on the move
Manfen Women's Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot US 10
- This item have warm function, it is may be tight than normally size, we suggest that you buy a large size
- Synthetic upper with toecap protection
- TPU Backstay With Snowshoe Strap Ridge
- 200 Grams Of Thinsulate Insulation, Comfort Range to -30C, waterproof&breathable membrance lining
- Self-cleaning and anti-slip rubber outsole
XPETI Women's Dimo Mid Waterproof Hiking Outdoor Boot (8.5 B(M) US, Purple)
- Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof, always keeps feet dry. Molded TPU ankle support and Moisture-wicking mesh lining
- Rubber Toe Cap protection and Rubber Outsole for optimal trail grip while hiking. You will find it that a very aggressive sole to grab the rocks and give good traction
- It may be a bit small than normal size, recommend ordering a half-size or a full size up from your normal size
- Integrated inserted EVA midsole, Sturdy enough even when carrying weight
- FUNCTIONALITY AND FASHION - These Boots feature special technology to protect your feet, molding rubber toe cap and molding TPU at heel for perfect protection, cushioned EVA midsole makes the boots durable, stable, lightweight and comfort in hiking trip. If by any chance that you're not satisfied, please give us a chance to make it right and contact us so that we can help solve your problem
Northside Women's Pioneer Hiking Boot, Stone/Berry, 7.5 B(M) US
- Rugged suede leather over the ankle upper features breathable mesh inserts/protective rubber toe cap/heel stabilizer
- This all weather outdoor midhiker offers water resistant construction/moisture wicking lining to keep feet dry; gusseted tongue to keep debris out
- Removable/washable EVA insole ensures cushioning for your feet; padded synthetic collar/tongue provide all day comfort
- Quick lace up closure allows for easy/secure adjustments; heel pull strap makes it easy to get on/off
- Durable multi directional rubber outsole ensures exceptional traction/shock absorption/good abrasion resistance in dry/wet conditions
Hi-Tec Women's Bandera Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot,Taupe/Blush,8 M US
- Multi-directional traction rubber outsole
- Waterproof, breathable upper
- Ghillie lacing system for a secure fit
- Removable, contoured EVA sockliner for cushioning
KEEN Women's Voyageur Mid Hiking Boot, Brindle/Custard, 8.5 M US
- Water resistant leather and mesh upper
- Removable metatomical dual density EVA footbed
- Gently brush the shoe with a soft bristle brush or hand towel to remove loose dirt and debris
- Stains can be treated by lightly rubbing a gum eraser in a circular motion over the location and lightly brushing afterwards.
- Tough stains can be treated with a mixture of water and a little vinegar on a damp cloth. This process may cause slight discoloration to the area.
Columbia Women's ICE Maiden II Snow Boot, Shale, Dark Raspberry, 8.5 B US
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II boot features Techlite lightweight midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as Omni-Grip advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement.
- HANDY FEATURES: This women's winter boot is crafted of waterproof leather and textile construction and 200g insulation to keep you warm and dry during the worst of weather.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Ice Maiden II winter boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof winter boot delivers a lux, feminine look that's versatile and stylish.
- This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II winter boot is lightweight with a waterproof, insulated construction. It's perfect for winter's worst days.
XPETI Women's Thermador Mid High-Top Waterproof Hiking Hunting Outdoor Insulated Boot Black 8 Mountaineering Trail Shoes
- Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof, always keeps feet dry and feel warm in the cold weather
- Rubber Toe cap protection and Rubber outsole for optimal trail grip. It may be a bit smaller than normal size, recommend ordering a half-size up or full size up from your normal size
- Molded TPU ankle support and Moisture-wicking mesh lining
- Integrated hided EVA midsole, Light weight and Sturdy enough even when carrying weight
- This lifestyle hiking boots provide special technology to protect your feet, directly molding rubber toe cap and molding TPU at heel for perfect protection, innovative design of hiding EVA midsole makes the boots durable and stable, light weight and comfort boots
Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot, Elk/Mountain Red, 8.5 Wide US
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Wide hiking boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and suede bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Wide hiking boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof hiking boot delivers a style with durability with it's contrasting color combinations and soft suede exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
CAMEL CROWN Hiking Boots Women Outdoor Lightweight Non-Slip Work Shoes Backpacking Trekking Walking Trails Dark Grey 8.5
- Leather+Mesh Upper: The mix upper of suede split leather& mesh of this women hiking boots create efficient circulation so that the inner and outer layers breathe, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all the time.
- Anti-slip & Shockproof Safety: MD & rubber sole, featuring a non-slip, deep and strong outsole with deep lugs for added friction, give an excellent grip on the ground, keeping you steady even on slippery trail. The MD midsole enhances cushioning, providing better support for the arch of your foot to create a closer, more dynamic bespoke feel.
- All-round Protection: Tilted toe cap absorbs shock when landing. Rubber extension and suede leather protect your toes from collision. Mid-top hiking shoes help stabilizing while the streamlined patch on heel provides great support, reducing outdoors risk.
- Multi-Functional: This hiking boots for women is suitable for a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, climbing, or long distance walking, endurance and support are improved in any season. A must have for avid outdoorswomen.
- Camel Crown Quality Guarantee: Please choose your size according to our suggestion chart, or feel free to contact us by email, we will reply to you within 24 hours during business days.
Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Shoe, zinc, Coral, 7 Regular US
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot features a seam-sealed construction, combined with our TECHLITE lightweight midsole, for long-lasting comfort with superior cushioning and high energy return.
- DURABLE HIKING BOOT: This women's boot is inspired by classic mountaineering style. A durable mid cut waterproof hiker that provides great traction and comfort. This classic Columbia hiking boot, will deliver reliable and comfortable service.
- ALL TERRAIN TRACTION: Our signature Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole provides high grip across a wide variety of terrain, and versatile three season use.
- REINFORCED TOE AND HEEL CONSTRUCTION: Designed for extended years of use, we've reinforced the toe and heel barriers, and extended the outsole toe overwrap to guard these key wear points.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this hiking boot's waterproof combination of supportive leather and suede construction.
KEEN Women's Terradora Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot, Blue Nights/Blue Mirage, 9.5 M US
- Breathable mesh lining
- Removable eva footbed
- Non-marking rubber outsole
Nevados Women's Boomerang II Mid Hiking Boot, Dark Brown/Black/Light Purple, 6 M US
- Reinforced toe bumper and heel for increased durability and ankle roll protection
- Removable ethylene vinyl acetate insole
- Molded ethylene vinyl acetate midsole that mimicks the shape of the foot for heel and arch support
- Padded tongue and collar for comfort and stone protection
- Heavy duty rubber outsole with aggressive lugs for increased traction and stability
Ariat Women's Canyon II Hiking Shoe, Distressed Brown, 8 B US
- Go casual with this great utility shoe!
- Fabric padded collar for all day comfort
- Full grain leather foot with added neoprene material nearthe
Great Smoky Mountains: Hiking Safety Tips
Mountain hiking comes with some inherent dangers. Weather, wildlife, and rugged trails present hazards to hikers. Here are some tips to help hikers remain safe on the trails of the Smoky Mountains.
Mountain hiking is the ideal pastime for people who enjoy exercise and an active, outdoors lifestyle. With over 800 miles of backcountry trails, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP) is among the premier hiking venues in the eastern United States. Safety is a primary concern for all hikers, novices and veterans alike. There are inherent risks associated with trekking a mountain trail and when you venture out on a backcountry trail, there is only one person responsible for your hiking safety: You!
A hiker must consider many factors to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Potential hazards you may encounter include (but are not limited to) sudden thunderstorms or snowstorms, dangerous wildlife, and narrow trails along exposed cliff faces. A safety-conscious hiker will have the proper gear, maintain good physical fitness, use good judgment, and be aware to his surroundings at all times.
Hiking Safety Tips
Consider these tips to ensure a safe hiking trip in the Smoky Mountains:
Don't Overreach: Novice hikers often overestimate their stamina and ability. Remember, the mountain trails can be rugged and steep. A five-mile roundtrip hike should be plenty challenging for a beginning hiker.
Pace Yourself: Don't hike too quickly on a day hike. Enjoy the scenery and remember hike you are going to need energy for the return trip.
Tell Someone Where You Are: Give your hiking itinerary to a friend or family member. Let them know your expected time of return, and check in with them when you get back.
Hike with a Partner(s): Beginners should never hike alone. Hike only as fast as the slowest member of your group. Don't allow your group to separate.
Stay on the Trail: Venturing off designated trails (bushwhacking) increases your chance of serious injury or getting lost.
Start Early: Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy your hike to the fullest and still get back to the trailhead before dark.
Wear Boots with Good Ankle Support: Appropriate footwear is of paramount importance. Boots with good ankle support prevent twists and sprains on rugged trails.
Be Prepared for Weather: Mother Nature has no pity for the unprepared. The GSMP averages 90 inches of rain per year and the weather can change very quickly in the mountains. Carry lightweight rain gear in your pack, even on sunny days. Carry a warm sweater and wind breaker in your pack. It can be quite cool at higher elevations.
Be Prepared for Ice and Snow: Those who hike higher elevations during the winter, early spring, or fall may encounter snow and/or ice on the trail. Use crampons or similar devices on your boots to improve traction.
Bring a Flashlight: Darkness falls quickly in the mountains. If you get a late start or are delayed on the trail you may have to finish in the dark. A small flashlight or headlamp is essential safety gear.
Bring a Fire-starter: Always carry waterproof matches or another source of fire on the trail. It could save your life in an emergency.
First Aid Kit: Bring a first aid kit and know what to do in case of injury or emergency. Take a first aid class to familiarize yourself with treating various injuries.
Carry Moleskin: If you get a blister or a hot spot, you can relieve the pain and stop further damage by using moleskin. Keep your feet dry and changing your socks if they get wet will help prevent blisters.
Bring Plenty of Water: Dehydration causes physical debilitation and impaired judgment.
Don't Drink Untreated Stream Water: Water in mountain streams looks clear and clean, but it may be populated with all sorts of unpleasant pathogens. A particular problem in the GSMNP is Giardia Lamblia, a protozoan that causes severe intestinal distress in humans. You must have a means of treating and purifying stream water if you cannot carry enough water to complete your hike.
Bring High Energy Snacks: Granola, trail mix, protein/power bars, peanut butter, and beef jerky are good options for keeping your energy level high.
Don't Cross Swollen Streams: Do not attempt to cross rain swollen streams. Swollen streams typically recede quickly after the rain stops. Be smart and wait it out.
Don't Approach Wildlife: There are over 1,500 black bears living within the boundaries of the GSMNP. There are also wild hogs, deer, and Elk. These are wild animals and their behavior can be unpredictable. Seeing wildlife in its natural habitat is exciting and fun, but remember to respect the animal's territory, keep a safe distance away, and never attempt to feed animals in the wild.
There are two species of venomous snakes in the park as well. Snake bites from the northern copperhead and timber rattlesnake are extremely rare in the park, but visitors should be aware of the snakes' presence, particularly around old the foundations of old buildings and stone walls.