5 Best Hiking Running Shoes
Updated on: June 2023
Best Hiking Running Shoes in 2023
adidas outdoor Women's Terrex CMTK W Walking Shoe, Black/Chalk White/ash Green, 9 M US
- Continental rubber outsole
- Lightweight EVA midsole
- Abraision resistant welded upper
- MTB tire inspired lug pattern
New Balance Men's 481V3 Cushioning Trail Running Shoe, Grey, 13 D US
- CUSH+ midsole
- AT TREAD outsole
- NB Ultra Soft comfort inset
Salomon Women's Speedcross 4 W Trail Runner, Black Metallic, 8.5 M US
- Aggressive Grip: The fourth generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is an even hungrier monster for eating up soft, technical trails.
- Precise Foothold: Feel one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, performance last shape and endoFit. For wet and dirty terrain trail
- OUTSOLE: Wet Traction Contagrip. Sockliner- Molded eva, eva shaped footbed and ortholite. Features mid feather upper construction
- MISOLE: Molded EVA / Lightweight Muscle / injected EVA
- >2 RUNS PER WEEK
ASICS Mens Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe, Frost Grey/Phantom/Black, 13 4E US
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
The North Face Ultra 109 GTX Hiking Shoe - Men's TNF Black/Dark Shadow Grey 10.5 Wide
- For maximum protection underfoot and subtle pronation correction, the Ultra 109 GTX from The North Face gives you stability and traction when blazing down slick, uneven trail.
- Uppers are made of GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Range waterproof, breathable membrane.
- PU-coated leather upper midfoot support.
- Lace up closure for a snug, custom fit.
- Protective TPU toe cap for added durability. Compression-molded EVA midsole. ESS midfoot shank. TPU Snake Plate forefoot protection. UltrATAC rubber outsole. Stability running shoe. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 1 lb 1 oz Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear is based on a single item, not a pair.
My Top 3 Weekend Escape Ideas
Consider a couple of active weekend ideas for your escape with family and friends including cross country skiing, camping, hiking and horseback riding
A great escape for the weekend is horseback riding in the country. If you like horses and animals generally, take a trail in the country and enjoy the natural surroundings. Take your mind of the day to day routine and problems that you might have and take your family and friends to the country side where you can ride across varied terrain and then have lunch or a picnic in the fresh air.
I believe this is great and of course there maybe some horse enthusiasts among you. You don't really need any gear, just the right clothes and it does not cost much to do.
The second idea I had which may a may not be surprising is of course camping. If you have a couple of sleeping bags and a tent that you can use, throw them in your car and drive out near a lake or a river and enjoy some hiking in natural surrounding even if you have never does this before. Many of you have probably never done this for years and it also gives an opportunity to talk and reconnect with your partner. In the evening you can cook by the fire and swap stories about camping or hiking that you probably remember from childhood.
Fishing is a great addition to your camping experience I believe. If you like fishing and want a sense of accomplishment at the end of the week, do some fishing as well. If you don't have much experience and wish to learn, you can even invite an instructor to come along or a friend who knows how to fish to teach you the basics. This is certainly another activity that will add an element of excitement to the journey.
Lastly and perhaps the most excitingly, I strongly recommend skiing during the winter. If you get snow locally during the winter but there is no local resort that you can drive in a couple of hours, consider cross country skiing.
Cross country skiing can be less demanding physically on the company you are planning to go with and at the same time can be very enjoyable. Don't go all out and go through the track you have chosen as fast as you can but enjoy the experience with your friends and family members. This is a social event after all and an opportunity to talk and enjoy the environment. Start early and have lunch in the area. Don't forget to take photographs of the local surroundings.