Best Rain Pants For Hiking in 2023
5Oaks Waterproof Rain Over Pants for Mens and Womens Black M
- Full tape seams for 100% waterproof function!
- Pull-on elasticized waistband with one-hand drawstring and stopper adjustment. Super comfortable over rain pants
- Waterproof/breathable fabric provides excellent protection in moderate rain, snow, and wind; taped seams provide ensure true weatherproofing
- Reflective piping on both bottom slit keeps you high visibility during outdoor activities!
- Perfect gear for outdoor working, hiking, camping,biking,fishing,hunting,mountain trail,backpacking, running etc.
Eddie Bauer Women's Guide Pro Pants, Black Regular 10
- These hiking pants for women are our professional mountain guides' choice for everything outside: from moving fast in the mountains to lounging at camp. Lightweight, packable, two-way stretch Flexion nylon/spandex provides mobility and has a durable water-repellent finish.
- Additional features of our hiking pants: Two-way stretch ensures excellent mobility with our Flexion Stretch woven technology. StormRepel DWR water-resistant finish that sheds moisture so it doesn't soak into fabric. FreeShade 50+ UPF sun protection. Small pack size for day hikes or multi-day trips. Two Secure Zip Cargo Pockets keep essentials accessible.
- Available in Regular, Petite, Plus, and Tall sizes. Slightly Curvy fit: Sits below natural waist; mid-rise; moderately curvy through hip and thigh. Average inseam: Reg 32 inches; Tall 35 inches.
- Eddie Bauer has partnered with bluesign to ensure safe and sustainable textile production. By following their criteria, we are working to keep harmful chemicals out of the air and oceans - and out of our products, including these hiking pants for women.
- Material: 96% nylon/4% spandex. Care: Machine wash cold, delicate, with like colors. Do not bleach. Do not use fabric softeners. Tumble dry low. Remove promptly.
Columbia Women's Storm Surge Pant, Black, Small
- Elastic-waist weatherproof pant in relaxed fit with roomy opening.Inseam: 32 inch regular
- Draw cord adjustable waist
- Omni-tech waterproof/breathable fully seam sealed
- Cuff tab adjustable leg opening
- Omni-Shield 70D MP LTX: 100% Nylon; 100% Polyester
Rdruko Women's Outdoor Lightweight Quick Dry Sportswear Water Resistant Hiking Pants with Pockets(Black, US XL)
- Quick dry fabric sweeps sweat away from your skin.
- Durable, lightweight, breathable,sun-protective and a little water-resistant fabric to keep you cool all the time.
- Partial elastic waist with belt which makes it easy to fit your body well.
- Two zippered pockets on the both sides,one small back pocket provide convenient storage for all your small essentials.
- High-performance women's hiking pants are perfect for all your outdoor movements. Rock Climbing, Traveling, Jungle Exploring, Hiking, Running, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Working.
Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit, Green and Black Color, Size Medium
- All Sport Rain Suit includes a jacket and pant with purchase
- Both jacket and pant are made of Frogg Toggs' breathable, non-woven fabric that is waterproof, wind-resistant, and lightweight
- Jacket features an adjustable, removable hood and a full-length parka-cut, open-waist design
- acket zipper is covered by a snap-down storm flap and elastic cuffs are provided to keep you dry
- Pant features an adjustable, elastic waist and adjustable leg openings
Columbia Boys' Toddler Cypress Brook II Pant, Black, 2T
- Waterproof fabric
- Critically seam sealed
- Elastic at waist
- Cuff tab adjustable leg opening
- 100 percent hydroplus nylon
CAMEL CROWN Women's Snow Ski Fleece Pants for Spring and Fall Outdoor Waterproof Hiking Softshell Pants Black
- FABRIC PERFORMANCE:This hiking shell pant is made of polyester and spandex. Water-Resistant,anti-pilling,anti-static,windproof,warm,comfortable and breathable.
- MULTI-POCKET&ELASTIC WAIST --- 2 zippered hand pockets and 1 zippered back pockets,it can protect your valuables during the outdoor excursions.With elastic waist which comfort fit side elastic waist, suitable for most people.
- WINDPROOF&ANTI-PILLING --- 75D composite windproof technology fabric forms a tight windproof barrier, blocking the cold air, surface layer is scratch-resistant, tear-resistant, anti-pilling.
- OMNI-TECH WATERPROOF --- Lotus leaf bionic technology,the surface weave is tight,effectively prevents the water molecules from penetrating, and accelerates the water droplets from sliding off the fabric.
- APPLY TO --- Stylish soft shell pants for outdoor sports like hiking, camping, climbing, trekking, snow skiing, traveling, cycling, fishing, skating, snowmobiling, hunting ect.(Please refer to the last image for a suitable size).
Columbia Men's Men's Silver Ridge Cargo Pant , Collegiate Navy, 30x32
- CLASSIC CARGO SILHOUETTE: These lightweight and comfortable men's cargo pants are perfect for hiking, fishing, travel, or your favorite outdoor pursuit. They feature a classic cargo silhouette with straight leg design for lightweight performance.
- COMFORTABLE AND RUGGED CARGO PANTS: The Columbia Silver Ridge Cargo Pants have been designed with a classic fit for the ultimate in comfortability while you're staying active outdoors.
- DESIGNED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: These men's cargo pants feature Columbia's unique Omni-Shade UPF 50 fabric for maximum protection against the sun, and Omni-Wick technology that pulls moisture away to keep you cool and dry.
- HANDY FEATURES: This men's durable cargo pant features one zip-closure security pocket, side pockets with hook and loop closure, and mesh pocket bags for ultimate convenience and efficiency.
- OMNI-WICK: The ultimate moisture management technology for the outdoors. Omni-Wick quickly moves moisture from the skin into the fabric where it spreads across the surface to quickly evaporate-keeping you cool and your clothing dry.
Jessie Kidden Waterproof Pants Mens, Fleece Lined Hiking Climbing Motorcycle Ski Snow Insulated Soft Shell Pants with Belt #5088-Grey,32
- Waterproof Pants: Surface layer made of Three-stage waterproof treatment fabric, effectively prevents the water molecules from penetrating; Inner layer made of warm fleece give your skin a soft touch and effectively lock the heat.
- Hiking Pants: Pants have a certain elasticity, freedom of movement, windproof and waterproof, and very warm, suitable for winter outdoor activities, such as hiking, mountaineering, travelling, skiing, walking, camping, fishing, motorcycle.
- Slim Fit Pants for Men: Slim fit designed to prevent cold air from being poured in, and the warmth will be better, also can be put into the boots without bloating and moving more freely.
- Snow Pants Men: 3D cutting of the knee position make it more comfortable for the leg to stretch. It is fleece lined and be water resistant for windy or snowy weathers.
- Softshell Pants Men: Mid and high rise, elastic wear, windproof, waterproof, wear-resisting, keep warm, breathe freely, zipper pockets, with belt.
Columbia Women's Saturday Trail Pant, Grill, 6/Short
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia's Saturday Trail Pant features Omni-Shade UPF 50 fabric for maxium protection against the sun and Omni-Shield technology for advanced water and stain repellency to keep you cool and dry.
- HANDY FEATURES: This women's cargo pant features two side-zip security pockets with mesh pocket bags.
- ADJUSTABLE COMFORT: Columbia Women's Saturday Trail Pant features gusset detail, articulated knees, and leg hem cinches for the ultimate adjustable comfort.
- ACTIVE FIT: This women's cargo pant is crafted of 96% nylon and 4% elastane Summiteer Lite 2-way comfort stretch fabric with an active fit for comfortable movement. It also features a straight leg and mid rise.
- Columbia's Saturday Trail Pant is the perfect cargo pant for comfortable and stylish hiking.
Hiking the Amazing Alum Cave Bluff Trail to the Peak of Mount LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Near Gatlinburg, TN
Our anniversary hike to Alum Cave Bluff trail and Mount LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park near Gatlinburg, TN
For our 7th anniversary on 9-13-2020, we headed out early to hike the Alum Cave Bluff Trail to the peak of Mount LeConte, one the coolest trials in the Great Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg, TN. About a 20 minute drive from Pigeon Forge,TN Mount LeConte and several other breath taking trails are easy to find right off the spur before Gatlinburg, TN. Alum Cave Bluff Trail is 5.5 miles and the best of five trails leading to overnight cabins at the top of Mount LeConte.
Time to Hike and Experience Levels
We hiked the full trail in about 6 hours starting at 7:30am. We were told by park rangers that is was an 8 hour trail, which is accurate depending on stops and experience level. We spent about 4 hours going up, but stopped often for amazing scenes and picture opportunities. The trek down was 2 hours at a brisk paste, but there are dangerous areas in the top 3 miles where caution should be taken.
Some experience is required as the National Park trails experience elevation changes up to 4000', narrow bridges and paths, uneven terrain and steep climbs.
Mount LeConte Highlights and Other Cabin Trails
Highlights of this trail are the forest trails with log bridges along clear rocky creeks, natural rock steps and paths, open views from the top, downward views off steep banks and wildlife all around. At 2.2 miles up is Alum Cave Bluff, a huge overhang where you can rest for the second half. In addition are the several scenery changes along the trail from forest, cavernous, rocky, to mountainous. Here are other trails along the way that you can take down or combine. Planning with friends or using multiple vehicles can turn this into a continuous trail up and back down without back tracking.
Alum Cave Bluff Trail - 5.5 miles,
Bull Head Trail - 7.5 miles
Rainbow Falls - 6.5 miles Rainbow and Bull Head start in the same lot - do both trials in 1 trip - 1 up, 1 down - Taking Rainbow Falls up and Bull Head down is suggested
Trillium Gap Trail - 6.5 miles - Goes under Grotto Falls.
The Boulevard Trail - 8.8 miles
Mount LeConte Lodging and Amenities
Once we reached the top the quaint cabins were nice and simple. We didn't stay, but we did check out the lodge and cabins while there. The restaurant serves dinner and breakfast that's included with you stay or you can stop and sip on some hot cocoa.
March 25 through November 26 is the typical season for hiking trails in the Smoky Mountain National Park and to book lodging on Mount LeConte. Dates fill up fast and are constantly changing so you have to book in advance. For rates, amenities and reservations check the link below.
250 Apple Valley Road
Sevierville, TN 37862
(865) 429-5704 phone
(865) 774-0045 fax
Please visit my DIY website @ DIYforanyone.com for more home improvement and money saving tips.